Friday, November 23, 2007

Pittsburgh Soldier Injured In Iraq Asked To Pay Back Bonus Money

PITTSBURGH - For one Pittsburgh-area soldier, the vacation season came with an almost incredible missive from the Pentagon, telling him to give back nearly $3,000 in fillip money for clip not served.

A wayside bomb in Republic Of Iraq injured Pfc. Jordan River Fox. He suffered lasting harm to his right oculus and was discharged, coming place to a hero's welcome.

"The detonation was directly underneath me," Fox said. "It lifted all of this armour off of it and lifted the Thomas Bradley off the ground. I was knocked unconscious."

He was discharged in September, two old age before completing his hitch period. Now, the Department of Defense is demanding wage back the $3,000.

"I was very aghast that I actually had a measure in the mail of them telling me I owed them money, because I wasn't able to finish my full term," said Fox.

"People are outraged that we're denying injured service work force and adult female full bonuses that they were entitled to," said Rep. Jason Altmire.

Altmire is crafting statute law to protect the bonuses of enlistees.

Fox challenged the authorities and will not have got to give back his bonus.

If necessary, Fox said he would talk out on behalf of other soldiers who are told they owe the authorities money.

More News From The Pittsburgh Channel:

No comments: